Robert W. Schivera
800-554-5128 (Toll free)
- Georgia, 1977
- North Carolina, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1972
- U.S. Tax Court, 1977
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1982
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M. - 1976
- Major: Taxation
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1972
- The Citadel, Charleston, South Carolina
- B.A. - 1969
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Business Law and Professional Corporations
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Tax Dispute Resolution
Robert W. Schivera is a Martindale Hubbell AV rated partner in the Tax and Corporate section of the firm. Mr. Schivera concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, business law including merger and acquisition, business and professional corporations, probate and estate administration, taxation and tax dispute resolution.
Mr. Schivera is originally from Huntington, New York. He attended The Citadel on an Army R.O.T.C. scholarship and graduated in 1969 in the top five percent of his class.
Upon earning his undergraduate degree, Mr. Schivera attended the Wake Forest University School of Law and received his Juris Doctor degree in 1972. Mr. Schivera also attended New York University School of Law, where, in 1976, he received a Master of Laws degree in Taxation.
Mr. Schivera served four years with the United States Army Judge Advocate General's Corps from 1972 to 1976. He was designated a senior trial lawyer and served as a military magistrate.
Mr. Schivera has been named a 2014 "Best Lawyers in America" in the category of Trusts and Estates, and has been listed in that publication since 2005. For 2014, Mr. Schivera was named as a Georgia Super Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine. Mr. Schivera has been included on the list since 2005, which listing is the product of a rigorous peer review process and is reserved for the top 5% of lawyers in the State of Georgia.
Mr. Schivera is admitted to practice before the Georgia state courts, the North Carolina state courts, the Supreme Court of Georgia, the Supreme Court of North Carolina, the United States Tax Court, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits.
Mr. Schivera is married to the former Nena C. Mathews of Savannah. They have 3 children, Matthew W. Schivera, Kristen E. Schivera and Bryan A. Schivera.
Honors and Awards
- AV rating from Martindale Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2005
- Georgia Trend's 2013 Legal Elite in Taxes / Estates / Trusts
- Listed in Georgia Super Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine since 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Savannah Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Fiduciary and Corporate Law Sections, and the Savannah Estate Planning Council, Member