Paul H. Threlkeld
800-554-5128 (Toll free)
- Georgia, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2002
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- A.B. (Cum Laude) - 1998
- Major: Journalism
Vidalia, Georgia native Paul Threlkeld is a trial lawyer who joined Oliver Maner LLP as a partner on January 1, 2013. Previously, Paul was a partner with the Law Offices of Andrew and Threlkeld, P.C. in Vidalia. From 2001 until October 2006, he practiced with Oliver Maner LLP’s predecessor, Oliver Maner & Gray. Paul maintains a federal and state court trial practice in which he represents businesses, local governments, and government officials in all manner of civil disputes. He regularly represents individuals in serious personal injury cases. Paul maintains a preeminent AV® rating for legal ability and ethics from Martindale Hubbell, the most respected legal rating agency in the country. Since 2006, Paul has been consistently been named a Super Lawyer – Rising Star ® by Atlanta Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine.
Paul is admitted to practice before all state trial and appellate courts in Georgia, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Georgia, and the 11thCircuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Paul also serves as a member of the Lawyer Advisory Committee for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia. He has chaired and spoken at numerous seminars for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Georgia Municipal Association. He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, where he serves on the Communications Committee and as a trustee of the State Bar Client Security Fund. He is a member of the Savannah Bar Association, and he serves as a trustee for the Georgia Legal History Foundation.
Paul has obtained favorable results for clients in numerous appeals in all manner of cases, some of which include: Barber v. Holmes, 282 Ga. 768 (2007); Georgia Department of Transp. v. Strickland, 279 Ga. App. 753 (2006) cert. denied (Sept. 8, 2006); Morris v. Johnson 262 Ga. App. 182 (2003); City of Pooler v. Edenfield, 263 Ga. App. 278 (2003); CSX Transp., Inc. v. City of Garden City, 277 Ga. 248 (2003).
In addition to his private practice, Paul served as the Solicitor-General of Toombs County, Georgia from 2007 – 2013, where he served as the sole prosecutor in the State Court of Toombs County. Paul was appointed by then-Governor Perdue to fill an unexpired term in February, 2007. Paul was re-elected by the voters of Toombs County in 2008 and 2012.
Paul attended public schools in Vidalia and then attended the University of Georgia where he earned his ABJ, cum laude, in 1998. Paul earned his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2001. While at UGA, Paul was a member of Kappa Alpha Order and the Interfraternity Council (IFC), and was elected to membership in Blue Key.
In addition to his law practice, Paul is active in civic affairs. He served as a trustee of both the Southeastern Technical College Foundation and the Altama Museum of Art & History. He is also a past president of the Vidalia Kiwanis Club. Paul and his wife are 2009 graduates of Leadership Georgia. In 2011 they served as Program Chairs, and Paul currently serves on the Leadership Georgia Board of Trustees.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Local Government Liability, Georgia Municipal Association, 2006 - 2007
- Ethics and Professionalism, Georgia Legal History Foundation, 2010 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyer - Rising Star (2005-2006, 2009-2014)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2006 - Present
- Georgia Legal History Foundation, Trustee, 2009 - Present
- State Bar Client Security Fund, Trustee
- State Bar Communication Committee, Member
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia, Lawyer Advisory Committee
- Law School Association Council (LSAC), University of Georgia School of Law, Board of Directors, 2016 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Toombs County, Solicitor - General, 2007 - 2013
- Andrew & Threlkeld, P.C., Partner, 2006 - 2012
- Oliver Maner & Gray, LLP, Associate, 2001 - 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- Southeast Early College & Career Academy, Inc., 2010 - 2012
- Southeastern Technical College Foundation, Inc., 2007 - 2012
- Kappa Alpha Order