Patricia Tanzer Paul
800-554-5128 (Toll free)
- Georgia, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 1985
- University of Georgia
- B.B.A. - 1982
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Workers' Compensation
- Civil Rights Defense
- Medical Litigation
Patricia T. Paul is a partner with a practice emphasizing workers' compensation, employment, civil rights defense for public and private entities, and business and medical litigation.
Ms. Paul is the 2017 President of the Southern District of Georgia Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Ms. Paul received her B.B.A. with General Honors in 1982 from the University of Georgia, with a major in International Business. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1985. After law school, from 1985 to 1988 she worked as the law clerk to The Honorable Perry Brannen, Jr., then-Administrative Judge (now Senior Judge) of the Superior Court of the Eastern Judicial Circuit, in Savannah. She became an associate attorney with Oliver Maner LLP in 1988, and a partner in 1993.
Ms. Paul is rated "AV" by Martindale Hubbell. Since 2013 she has been listed in "Best Lawyers in America" in the category of workers' compensation – employers. She is named among Georgia Trend magazine’s 2013 Legal Elite in labor and employment.
Ms. Paul is licensed to practice in all Georgia courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia, and the U. S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth, Eleventh and Federal Circuits.
Ms. Paul is past-President of The Savannah Children's Theatre, Inc. and the Savannah Jaycees. Within the past few years she has twice been co-chair of the Attorney's Division of the local United Way Campaign. She is a graduate of the 1990-1992 class of Leadership Savannah.
She has obtained favorable results for clients in numerous decisions and appeals, including Liberty Nat'l Life Ins. Co. v. Coley, 201 Ga. App. 623 (1991); Tim's Crane & Rigging, Inc. v. Gibson, 278 Ga. 796 (2004); Mayor and Aldermen of the City of Savannah v. Stevens, 278 Ga. 166 (2004); Doss v. City of Savannah, 290 Ga. App. 670 (2008); Marshall v Mayor and Aldermen of the City of Savannah, 366 Fed. App. 91 (2010); and Jackson v Deen, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 113458 (2013).
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Honors and Awards
- "AV" by Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America
- Georgia Trend's 2013 Legal Elite in Labor and Employment
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Bar
- Savannah Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Federal Bar Association, President of the Southern District of Georgia Chapter
Past Employment Positions
- The Honorable Perry Brannen, Jr., Law Clerk