Christopher L. Ray
800-554-5128 (Toll free)
- Georgia, 1996
- New York, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1994
- Princeton University , Princeton, New Jersey
- A.B. (Cum Laude) - 1991
- Major: History
Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Trial and Appeals
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Professional Licensure Representation
- Mediation Services
Chris Ray is a Martindale Hubbell AV rated partner in the Litigation section of the firm. Mr. Ray concentrates his practice primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, medical malpractice defense and professional licensure representation.
In addition to his extensive experience as a trial lawyer, Mr. Ray also serves as a mediator. Through this aspect of his practice, Mr. Ray is able to assist other lawyers and their clients in crafting mutually agreeable and sensible solutions to their disputes. He is a registered mediator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution and is available throughout the state to assist parties in both private and court-ordered mediations.
Mr. Ray graduated cum laude in 1991 from Princeton University, where he received an A.B. degree in History.
Upon earning his undergraduate degree, Mr. Ray attended Fordham Law School where he received his J.D. in 1994. While at Fordham, Mr. Ray was a member of the National Moot Court Team and the Fordham International Law Journal. Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Ray served four years on active duty in the U.S. Army as a Captain in the JAG Corps.
Mr. Ray has been named to Best Lawyers in America for 2015 in the categories of Medical Malpractice Law– Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, and Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs; and was recognized as a Top 100 Georgia Super Lawyer in Atlanta Magazine in 2013. Also, he has been voted the Best Lawyer in Savannah by the readers of Savannah Magazine on two occasions.
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Life Fellow, Lawyers Foundation of Georgia
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Investigative Panel of the Disciplinary Board (2006-2012, Chair 2011 - 2012)
- Savannah Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Special Assistant United States Attorney, Southern District of Georgia
- Captain, U.S. Army JAG Corps, 3rd Infantry Division, Ft. Stewart, GA